Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rows of Color




Is There Anything More Beautiful Than High Country Color?
  The most beautiful surroundings I once took so much for granted I am now seeking out as a measure of peace within my being. The blossom of youth did not allow me to appreciate the grandeur of them as I do now.

I've taken time off this week to photograph some of God's most beautiful country.  I never have to look far,  for it is practically right out my back door.  A Carolina blue sky with high, fluffy clouds, deep forest greens, scarlet red and golden yellow dotted my color palette on a beautiful sunny afternoon spent in the higher elevations of Caldwell County, North Carolina.  And, while I'm Charlottesville, Virginia born  and Thomas Jefferson is the my personal hero,  it is the wonderfully rich land and hospitality of the Carolina hills to which my heart truly belongs.

More to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment