Thursday, December 23, 2010

'Tis The Season
Photo taken on a bitter cold January day in the community of Dudley Shoals NC

Christmas is barking at my heels like a mad dog.  So many details, so many places to be, so many gifts yet to wrap.  This year has been particularly difficult in an economy that has left those of us in the middle class suburbia strapped to the point of . . . well let's not go into details.  I will say, however, I've grown very fond of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch.

Anyway, here I am in my tiny little home office surrounded by an explosion of wrapping paper, ribbon, bags, etc.  I've been perplexed about what to give my brothers this Christmas.  We'd all agreed not to purchase each other gifts except for the family's two young grandchildren.  Nonetheless, I feel compelled to honor my siblings, as they have been the source of much joy and frivolity over the years.  Not to mention, always being in my corner. 

So . . . I picked out the one photo I've taken this year that is my most favorite (shown above).  I've just printed it out and I'll frame it in inexpensive, yet attractive frames. Christmas simplicity . . . it doesn't get any better than that!  Still, it's nothing compared to the love I've received from these gents over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment