Friday, August 10, 2012

Bye-bye Bonnet

So long and fare thee well to one of the best sun hats of all time. You can't just put any old hat on any old (or young) head. Anyone who wears a hat on a regular basis will tell you it's got to perch properly on your noggin and, in my mind, make you feel jaunty. 

I used to refer to this one as my floppy hippie hat because it was reminiscent of something you'd see in a film clip from Woodstock.  At any rate it got me through the hottest days of June and July before the brim began to unravel. 
It's gone to the hippie hat graveyard now, along with other old gems such as my embroidered bell-bottom blue jeans, love beads, and incense burner. 

Bye-bye lovely bonnet. I'll miss you and the good times I had while you were sitting on my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment